What You’ll Need:
- red, white, green and brown foam sheets or construction paper
- an apple
- glue & tape
How to Make the ‘a’ for apple:
- Cut out a lowercase ‘a’ from a piece of red foam sheet. To make the letters go along with the uppercase letters we’ve done in the past, this letter was cut from a piece of foam that was about 2” x 4” ~ small, but oh so cute!
- Cut out a small oval/circle from the white foam that will fit behind the inside of the letter ‘a’ to use as the inside of the apple.
- From the brown foam sheet, cut out a stem and five small apple seeds.
- From the green foam sheet, cut out a leaf for your apple.
- Glue or tape the white circle to the back of your lowercase ‘a’ so that it shows through the center.
- Count out the seeds with your little one and glue them into the center to form the star at the center of the apple.
- Glue or tape the stem and apple to the back of the letter ‘a’. Source: Totally Tots
a is for apple
– trace “a” in sand on cookie sheet
– make “a is for apple” craft (above)
– stamp with apple cut in half
– magnetic pom-poms fill in
– eat applesauce
– print page with letter a plus others, use small stamp to stamp on each letter a
– letter a tracing page
– letter a Bible verse from Songs for Saplings