Do you get tired of all the competition between children? Especially when it’s time to play a game together?
I know I hate it when my kids start playing a game as friends and by the end, someone is in tears! That’s why I created this fun and cooperative Christmas game.
In this game, all players work together to win and end up encouraging each other along the way. The element of chance also helps keep kids from blaming each other for moves that hurt their chances of winning.
Decorate the Tree Cooperative Christmas Game
- a free printable Christmas game (great for playing on holiday break)
- designed for children age 3 and up
- works best with 2 to 4 players although you can have more (but the players will have fewer turns)
- can easily be glued inside a file folder to make a file folder game
- can be played in as little as 15 minutes
- encourages children to work together and support one another
- builds a team spirit
How to Play
But in this Christmas game you need to watch out for that pesky little kitty. He likes to knock the ornaments off of the tree. Every time a player’s spin lands on the kitty one ornament must be removed from the tree and placed back on the empty space of the game board.
Our kids had a great time playing this Christmas game and have been asking for it all morning.
Update: You can make the game more challenging by printing a second sheet of ornaments. We’ve added 5 to make the game a bit harder as our kids have gotten older.
Included in the Free Printable
- Instructions For Assembling the Game
- Directions to Play
- Game Board
- Game Piece
- Ornament Pieces
Additional Materials You’ll Need
- 4 Pages of 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock
- OR 2 Pages White Cardstock, 2 Pages White Paper, and 1 File Folder
- 1 Metal Brad
- 2 Large Paperclips