Today, I’m going to share 15 verses that I’m clinging to for encouragement on this difficult, but rewarding, road of parenting.
I pray these verses will also encourage you on your journey. There’s a free printable at the bottom of this post with small cards for each verse. Use these to place the verses around you so you can be reminded of these truths throughout the day.
1. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ~ Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
2. For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”~ Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)
3. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. ~ Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
4. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (NASB)
5. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. ~ Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)
6. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ~ Matthew 11:29 (NIV)
7. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
8. Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. ~ Psalm 127:3 (NIV)
9. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27 (NIV)
10. Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. ~ Hebrews 13:20-21 (NKJV)
11. I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.~ Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)
12. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. ~ Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
13. Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. ~ Colossians 3:23-24 (NLT)
14. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
15. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:19 (NIV)
What verses encourage you as a parent? How can you remind yourself of God’s truth and promises when you’re in the middle of a difficult day?